What is Cranclense used for?
Cystitis occurs when the bladder becomes inflamed. Cystitis usually occurs as a result of a common form of infection. Certain bacteria naturally live in the large intestine including a bacterium called E.coli (Escherichia coli).
Most of the time, our body keeps E.coli in check and it is not a problem. However, sometimes, E.coli may cause infections by attaching to the cells of the bladder, resulting in a bladder infection and inflammation.
Cystitis makes passing urine very painful. Urination is usually more frequent with a feeling of greater urgency. Sleep may also be disturbed due to the pain and discomfort, and working life may be disrupted.
Cystitis generally most commonly affects women, but may affect all age groups from either sex.
How does Cranclense work?
E.coli bacteria make chemicals that enable them to cling on to the cells in the bladder where they can replicate and cause infection. CRACLENSE contains cranberry that can prevent bacteria such as E.coli sticking to the cells of the urinary tract lining. As the bacteria are unable to attach and adhere to the bladder cells, the bacteria are passed out while urinating, and cystitis is then less likely to develop.
Females generally have a greater risk of cystitis than males, especially in the following situations:
- Increased frequency of sexual intercourse
- Diaphragm use
- People with incorrect, compromised or poor toilet hygiene such as people with dementia or young girls.
- People who fail to empty their bladder properly due to various conditions such as kidney or bladder stones or, for males, an enlarged prostate.
- People with diabetes.
- The elderly.
- People who have an altered immune system.
- People with a childhood history of cystitis.
- People with an abnormally structured bladder.
- People who have a urinary catheter in place or after its removal.
- Each CRANCLENSE effervescent tablet contains: Herbal extract equivalent to 10 grams of cranberry (vaccinium macrocarpon) fresh fruit.
- Other ingredients: sodium bicarbonate 1.5 g, citric acid anhydrous 750 mg and tartaric acid 800 mg.
- These are alkalising ingredients which raise the pH (or reduce the acidity) of urine.
Always read the label. Use only as directed. If symptoms persist or you have side effects see your healthcare professional. Vitamins are supplementary to a balanced diet. Weight Management products should be used in conjunction with a balanced diet and exercise.
Current Promotion: Free Shipping for Orders over $150
We charge a flat rate of $6 NZD per shipment under $150. Orders are shipped using New Zealand Post. Parcels are shipped with no-signature required.
Mighty Mart orders ship from Mighty Ape, based in Auckland, New Zealand.
We use Courier Post which allows fast and reliable delivery to destinations across their comprehensive domestic network. Delivery times vary depending on a product's stock status and the intended delivery address.
Most In stock products are delivered overnight anywhere in New Zealand – provided the order is placed before the advertised cut-off time. Our Overnight Delivery cut-off is usually 3:30pm Monday to Friday. Larger products take an additional 1–2 days to be delivered to the South Island. Rural Delivery and Dangerous Goods may take an additional day for delivery.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.